User Is Not Working.

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

User Is Not Working.

Postby mm160t » Thu 26 Jul 2012, 17:54

Hi Prino/Steve/Sysadmin,

i think My user Id MM160T is revoked. This Acct i am using since 2011 sept.And I have always followed the guidelines for mainframe as well as posting in forum.i tried to findout what wrong i had done with the system and user id that made my id suspicious and finally revoked. but i could not find any mistakes that ihave done to affect fandezhi system or or violated fandezhi policies .fandezhi mainframe system is like my heart and i would always like to comply with the guide lines.If Any supicious activities traced for my Id Please please Please let me know so that i can Avoid Doing so(but i don't think i've done anything wrong).

So may I please please please request you to reactive my id MM160t.

Thanks
MM160T
mm160t

Re: User Is Not Working.

Postby steve-myers » Thu 26 Jul 2012, 18:08

On July 24 MM160T had 48 RACF violations from trying to do something with other people's datasets. This gets the admins very unhappy.
steve-myers

Postby mm160t » Thu 26 Jul 2012, 18:51

Hi Steve,

Ohh.. I accept this mistake was committed by me.The reason Was i was not really intended to do some thing with other dataset. within those two three days i had also used RACf facility to protect my dataset for all(mm160t.*).just to check if every thing is ok so that no one can enter into my dataset.for that i used another user id qualifier(i.e xxx.*) dataset to search a string some of the dataset showed it's not searched some did not show any thing. for those which did not show any thing i thought those are not protected and i tried experimenting by just accessing those datasets.I don't know why i had gone crazy on that day to do so. just to confess that when i got my id in 2011 i had also copied some of the datasets(like compiler,assembler) during that time from others id and this facility was not there when i did this i was very happy and thought Fandezhi will be.

early this year when most of the time(everyday) CICS,DB2,some times even TSO was not running because of suspicious activities by some user. at that time I was very upset. but when last couple of days CICS was up for continiously many days and i found datasets were now protected i become very happy and thought protecting my dataset and checking if every thing is fine. I use dezhi systems to to enhance my own knowldge and will be very thankful if my ID will be reactivated.

I appologise for my action and will refrain from doing so.

Thanks & Regards.
mm160t

Postby steve-myers » Fri 27 Jul 2012, 00:39

The admins are upgrading protection, but it is slow. FWIW, the RACF userid.* profile only applies to datasets like userid.xyz, but not datasets like userid.abc.xyz. The admins are creating userid.** profiles for these datasets. Most new users get enhanced protection as the admins discover them, and when the admins discover another user has read a dataset. The good news - if you can call it that - is the admins are not getting that many hits any more. I suspect your datasets got enhanced protection pretty early on; on July 22, for example, 3 different users tried (and failed) to access your datasets.
steve-myers

Postby mm160t » Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:27

Hi Steve,

As you said "I suspect your datasets got enhanced protection pretty early on" .Pretty early on In the sense May be with 1 or two week before july 22,because i've only created my Profile to protect My dataset Using RACF option and then started stupid experiments which generally i don't and i should not do it at all.

However Just crazy to know Is there any possibility of getting back my ID and Datsets. Or I've lost that Id(MM160t) forever.if so probably i will be missing Dezhi system time cause i think this message will keep on continuing "Due to system Overload this service has been stopped".

If only i had convinced you peoples by my loyality of answering what i really had done because of which my Id was Revoked, then again i would like to request please please give me a second chance and could you please give access to my ID ,i Will be thankful.

Regards,
MM160t
mm160t

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe