TSO Timeout Value (automatic logoff)??

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

TSO Timeout Value (automatic logoff)??

Postby BSTAUD » Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:34

[Sorry for the duplication if this is already explained somewhere in the FAQ. I looked for "timeout" but didn't find any relevant matches.]

Is there (hopefully!) a TSO Timeout (automatic logoff for inactivity) value specified for the system? And what is it so I know how long I have to wait? I had to reboot my PC and now when I try to connect I get message:

"IKJ56425I LOGON rejected, UserId BSTAUD already logged on to system ADCD".

On other systems I am usually able to select "Reconnect" to restore my previous 3270 session, but here I get:

"UserID Already in Use".

[I realize this system may be different from others and am perfectly happy to live with whatever is peculiar to this one - this is SUCH a great service!]
BSTAUD

Re: TSO Timeout Value (automatic logoff)??

Postby steve-myers » Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:45

There is none. There does seem to be a timeout when your session is lost, but it takes a while.

Reconnect via TCPIP is very erratic. The announcement literature for a couple of more recent z/OS releases claimed reconnect was more reliable, but we're stuck with a very old z/OS release.
steve-myers

Re: TSO Timeout Value (automatic logoff)??

Postby BSTAUD » Sun 22 Jul 2012, 17:55

http://zos.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser?F=DISCONNECT Aha! This worked just as well for getting me reconnected.

Over 9000 users - Amazing! Yours is clearly a "labor of love" to be sure. I'll be sure to tread gently here as this is a wonderful resource. I *love* coding in Assembler and CICS and have worked for a few of the major software vendors over the years. I'll probably use this system mostly for home use after work and on weekends, to compare performance of various coding techniques, etc. This is great!
BSTAUD

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe