Locked Out

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Locked Out

Postby gary » Tue 03 Jul 2012, 03:40

I was happily looking into setting up an SCLM project for my programs, when all my datasets apparently disappeared. I used the web site to get my ID mailed to me, and it's appear to be ok, but on TSO I get the message "IKJ5642OI Userid LP187 not authorized to use TSO". Did I do something wrong? What's up.

Can you please re-enable my user id.

Gary (LP187)
gary

Re: Locked Out

Postby steve-myers » Tue 03 Jul 2012, 03:48

The administrators deleted the ID because it persisted in looking at other people's data. IDs for people that attempt to damage the system are also deleted.

When the administrators delete an ID they delete all the data for the ID. This is for the protection of the user. Since FDZ has no data backup, the data is gone for good.
steve-myers

Postby gary » Tue 03 Jul 2012, 04:40

I'm sorry to hear that. The attitude that you can and will delete peoples data, based on an arbitrary ruling, without notification, makes your system unusable. If you don't want people to look at datasets, you should install RACF or some other security. I was looking to determine why my compile didn't like my object library. I had finally solved my problem, and took a look at some datasets, so that I didn't write over someone else's data. I tried to use my user id as the HLQ of all my datasets to avoid this.

I didn't bother to post my problem to your forum, since my experience there has been less than helpful. Most of the response from your admins or trusted users, were simply "If you don't know how to do it, you sure won't find out from us". I expected this to be a place or learning, but was wrong in that respect.

Again, if you will delete data without warning and without any explanation, your service becomes useless. Thanks for the use in the past, but I'll think long and hard before I trust you with any of my information in the future, and will post this wherever I find a discussion of Dezhi in the future to warn others.
gary

Postby steve-myers » Tue 03 Jul 2012, 05:18

RACF is installed. The profiles are poor, but that's another issue. They are being worked on, but it is largely a manual process. SYSPROG has been reluctant to update the userid creation process to lock new user's datasets as a default. The datasets LP187 looked at have been locked, but S913 ABENDs are also being monitored. Unfortunately, with more than 9000 userids, many of which have been abandoned, this will be a slow process. Few shops grant the privilege of looking everywhere; employees that try often find themselves being shown the door. FDZ has been the victim of at least 3 sabotage attacks this year, and there is a strong suspicion others have been stopped cold. This is the response. The "usability" issue is in your mind.

Everyone can read almost all system datasets on FDZ. This is more liberal than most shops. Almost every day it appears someone attempts to read datasets used by the automated userid management process. They get S913 ABENDs, and the admins have been ignoring them. This may change, but that's the way it is right now.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe