Who delete my ID ?

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Who delete my ID ?

Postby wwzhou » Wed 06 Jun 2012, 13:22

Hello ,

Can some explain why my ID is deleted without my permission ? below is error message in login TSO .

IKJ56420I Userid D06592 not authorized to use TSO

Thanks
wwzhou

Re: Who delete my ID ?

Postby steve-myers » Wed 06 Jun 2012, 13:34

The administrators are deleting IDs that show a pattern of use that indicates the ID is being used by training institutes, which is an improper use of the Fandezhi system. Training institutes should be providing this resource from their resources, not stealing it from others as is being done here. If your ID was deleted by mistake get a new ID and use it properly.
steve-myers

Postby prino » Wed 06 Jun 2012, 18:49

wwzhou wrote:Can some explain why my ID is deleted without my permission (emphasis added)? below is error message in login TSO .

Are you completely out of your mind?

We do not need your permission, you need our permission to use FanDeZhi, and as Steve Myers' reply has already indicated, your behaviour seems to be that of someone who uses the system contrary to the rules, and that has resulted in the deletion of your userid.
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some programming here :mrgreen:
prino

Postby wwzhou » Thu 07 Jun 2012, 09:27

I just copied some JCL and source from others lib to learn Mainframe , is this not proper ? or we can not browse other person's lib ?
wwzhou

Postby prino » Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:03

wwzhou wrote:I just copied some JCL and source from others lib to learn Mainframe , is this not proper ? or we can not browse other person's lib ?

To "learn" mainframe, you go to a training provider, who will teach you how to use it in a structured way, FanDeZhi is not for newbies to run around unsupervised. As for browsing other libs, and copying code of others, that is an absolute no-no, unless you have their permission to do so. If you want examples, RTFM or STFW, but don't copy the property of others - z/OS will record almost everything you do and the administrators can take action if they consider your behaviour inappropriate!
Robert AH Prins
prino

Postby steve-myers » Thu 07 Jun 2012, 15:39

In all fairness to wwzhou it is quite difficult any more to find code examples; much harder than when I started in the 1960s. On the other hand, in the 1960s most of the code was in punched cards rather than online, so ...

In the 1960s, OS/360 was sort of open source; IBM would cough up the source, though not always the correct source, on magnetic tape, and this was often useful to others as a base for how things worked. Similarly, the program listings were distributed on microfiche, and these could be used. These listings dried up in the 1980s, but many shops retained old versions.

Prino, though, is correct. You DO NOT explore other people's data without their permission, and the administrators were 100% correct in their decision to kill your userid for that reason when your inappropriate use of the system was detected. As Prino says, the system records a trace of just about everything you do, and the administrators have become very proactive about examining this data. Finding inappropriate use in all that noise is difficult, but it can be done.
steve-myers

Postby wwzhou » Tue 12 Jun 2012, 08:32

OK, I will not query any other lib , meanwhile can you give me some useful tools ? like ,Compiler for CICS,COBOL,Map, etc . thanks in advance .
wwzhou

Postby prino » Tue 12 Jun 2012, 08:49

wwzhou wrote:OK, I will not query any other lib , meanwhile can you give me some useful tools ? like ,Compiler for CICS,COBOL,Map, etc . thanks in advance .

Virtually all compile procedures are the IBM standard ones, so all you have to do is open a manual and you will see what they are called. Most, if not all, are in 'SYSFAN.PROCLIB', and you can look at that library. For COBOL, you may want to look at jobs in SDSF that ended in an S806, and put "SJ" in front of them to see the actual JCL, which you can copy and change for your own use.
Robert AH Prins
prino

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe