Difficulty to access Mainframe?

This forum provides the support of Dezhi Mainframe systems. Please post your questions about logon, usage of our mainframe environment.

Moderators: sysprog, prino, sfan, steve-myers, Tim001

Difficulty to access Mainframe?

Postby PEPE22 » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 12:02

Today I have revisited DEZHI Mainframe web after a few years, preparing me for retirement.

I have had to register again in web, and I have received the activation email. I activated and I could enter here.

But, now my 3270 Emulator is absolutelly unable to contact with zos.efglobe.com (port 23) or fandezhi.efglobe.com
Furthermore, my browsers (IE or Mozilla) many times are not able to reach http://zos.efglobe.com

Am I doing something bad, or is the site not working like in the past?
PEPE22

Re: Difficulty to access Mainframe?

Postby steve-myers » Wed 10 Jul 2019, 13:53

PEPE22 wrote:...I have had to register again in web, and I have received the activation email. I activated and I could enter here.

You lie.

The ability to register through the internet has been broken for some time. Follow the instructions here to obtain a z/OS userid. Any z/OS userid obtained years ago has long since been deleted if it has not been used; the admins delete any userid that has not been used for a year or longer.

I have been using the same URL to access the FanDeZhi z/OS since I registered more than 9 years ago using at least three different 3270 emulators. If you are trying to access FanDeZhi from your employer's LAN it may be blocked by their firewall, not from any change in the FanDeZhi system.

As for your browser not being able to connect to zos.efglobe.com. Well, you made the post, amd that can only be done through zos.efglobe.com.
steve-myers

Return to Dezhi systems: Mainframe